The California Privacy Protection Agency (CPPA) published, on 4 April 2023, the revised California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended (CCPA) Regulations, following its announcement that the California Office of Administrative Law had approved the same. In particular, the revised CCPA Regulations introduce amendments, including:
- new definitions;
- new restrictions on the collection and use of personal information;
- new disclosure obligations including requirements associated with privacy policies and notices at collection;
- clarification on requirements when submitting requests under the CCPA, as amended and obtaining consent;
- new requirements associated with the right to limit the use and disclose sensitive personal information and the use of opt-out preference signals;
- new and clarified requirements associated with service providers, contractors, and third parties, including contractor requirements; and
- clarification on the new investigative powers of the CPPA.
You can read the revised CCPA Regulations and associated materials here.